Exercise is crucial to health…what’s your motivation?
The evidence is in, scientist, doctors and physical therapist all agree that a lack of exercise is a major cause of chronic diseases. A sedentary lifestyle over several years is associated with:
- Increased risk of Type 2 Diabetes
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Premature Death
The question is, “What can you do to motivate yourself to get 30 minutes of exercise each day? Consider the positive benefits of exercise.
- It reduces your risk of heart disease and diabetes.
- Helps you sleep better
- Helps your memory
- Helps you manage your weight
- Helps with your mood
- Reduces your risk of some cancers
- Strengthens your bones and muscles
- Boosts your energy
- Helps prevent falls
- Increases your chances of living longer
In a nutshell, it increases your quality of life!
So what’s your motivation?
- Do you want to go on a dream vacation someday?
- Do you want to surf, ski or play sports again?
- Do you want to keep up with your grandkids?
- Do you want to be a role model for your children?
Whatever your motivation may be, it’s never too late to get started. Find your motivation, set some goals, remember the benefits and get some help and get 30 minutes of physical activity each day!
Learn more about our Wellness Program and what our personal trainer can do for you. Alexia has over 4 years of experience in training individuals of all ages and fitness levels. She is certified as a personal trainer through the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM), Aerobics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA), certified in the Functional Movement Screen (FMS), and in CPR/AED.